A smoothie is a shake made by blending a few green leafy vegetables with one or two fruits. The color and texture may look disgusting but it has a number of health benefits coming from the vegetables and fruits used. There are a number of creative ways to prepare it. When consumed, the benefits of green smoothie recipes are more than what we get from taking multivitamin supplements.
Apart from carotenoids, flavonoids, and resveratrol, the other phytonutrients contained in green smoothie recipes are too many to list. A single serving alone has plenty of vitamins A, C, E, and K as well as mineral loads of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Many people are now realizing that it is the best way to provide the body with its daily requirement of vegetables and fruits. All you need apart from your veggies and fruits is to find out which is the best blender among the many sold today in stores.
Top Benefits of Green Smoothie Recipes
- Smoothies are very nutritious. They have the right balance of nutrients ideal for human consumption. The ingredients are made up of 60 percent ripe organic fruits and 40 percent organic vegetables.
- When all the ingredients are blended together, most of the nutrients are released from the ruptured cells of the vegetables and fruits. The mixture becomes one green smoothie that is easy to digest as it gets absorbed by the body.
- Compared to juices, green smoothies are considered a complete food with all the fibers contained in them. Fiber helps the body in eliminating wastes.
- With the 60:40 fruit and vegetable ratio, green smoothies are fruity flavored with a egetable zest that can be enjoyed by any individual. Many people are surprised about how nice the taste is.
- Green smoothies provide the human body with chlorophyll, an important substance found in plants. A single molecule of chlorophyll resembles the human blood molecule. Consuming green smoothies can be likened to receiving healthy blood transfusion through all the greens contained in it. The body is nourished after assimilating all the beneficial nutrients in a cup or glass of green smoothies.
- Preparing green smoothies is easier than extracting juice from fruits and vegetables. It only takes about five minutes to have the delicious and nutritious drink without the messy step of cleaning up after the process.
- Green smoothies greatly reduce oils, salts, and sugar normally contained in human diet.
- When consumed regularly, green smoothies help form the habit of eating vegetables. The taste buds get used to drinking green smoothies until they start to crave for vegetables already. This is a good and easy way of training people, especially children, to eat greens.
- Green smoothies can be stored to last in the refrigerator for three days. Having cold, green smoothies is an instant thirst or hunger quencher for people on the go.
Green smoothies are a milkshake with a conscience, providing macro and micronutrients to the body. Most recipes are easy to make, but you can also prepare your own using your preferred vegetables and fruits, or add in other ingredients such as almond, yogurt, bran, and cereals. You can also try switching the ratio by gradually adding more vegetables. If you are one particular person who abhors vegetables, then this is the best way to infuse the body with the daily dose of greens without going through the ordeal of tasting bitterness. Becoming a certified smoothie aficionado means that indeed you are enjoying all the benefits of green smoothie recipes.