Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to help improve the sound quality of your music system. Their main function is to provide bass by producing low-frequency sounds. The factory subwoofer that comes with most cars is unable to handle low-frequency sounds which is why most people are always on the lookout to change the subwoofers of their cars. Making the choice on the subwoofer to buy can be difficult given that there are too many brands to choose from. But the fact remains that you don’t need to be an expert to buy any form of electronics. Below are some easy steps on how you can choose the best car subwoofer for the money.
- Decide on the type of subwoofer you want to buy
This is the first thing you need to do when shopping for a subwoofer. This is because all subwoofers are available in different sizes ranging between 8 inches and 15 inches which must be fitted into a speaker box (enclosure) and then connected to the amplifier. The different kinds of subwoofers include component subwoofers, enclosed subwoofers, powered subwoofers and vehicle-specific subwoofers. The difference between the subwoofers is in the manner in which the enclosure and amplifier are set up.
- Check the spec options available
Most subwoofers come in a variety of spec options that improves the sound quality of the system. The options include
– Sensitivity – subwoofers with high sensitivity will require less power in order to withstand big sound.
– Power – high powered subwoofers produce rich bass sounds compared to low powered ones.
– The range of frequency – a high-frequency range subwoofer will be able to manage extremely low-frequency sounds.
– Type of enclosure – the enclosure type you choose has an effect on the sound quality of your subwoofer.
- Choose you subwoofer according to your genre
Your genre of music will determine whether you need one or two subwoofers. If you listen to techno, dance, and hip-hop, you will need to get 2 subwoofers whereas you will need 1 subwoofer if you listen to slow and low music such as blues and country.
- Check the warranty on the product
Before you settle for any subwoofer, you need to check the warranty on the product to guarantee that you won’t run into any problems should you need to return the product due to any malfunctions. Some of the best brands available provide a warranty of 6 months and above just to keep their customers fear at bay.
- Check product reviews online
Once you have made the decision on which subwoofer to settle for, you need to search the internet for information on the product you have chosen. There are reviews from people who have used the product before from where you can learn further on their personal experience using the product.
In conclusion, when shopping for a subwoofer, you want to ensure that you get one that will be able to produce the quality of bass that will improve your genre of music.