We have all seen the guy, or girl, at a bar or party who just seems to be a magnet to the female sex. They are surrounded by a multitude of interesting and beautiful women and we wonder to ourselves, “How do they do it?”. There are some common misconceptions regarding how to appeal to the more feminine sex. You can also find out more about this at dateandsimple.com
Not all women like macho men or women and not all women will disregard a “nice guy/girl”. The most attractive qualities to almost everyone seem to be intelligence, compassion, humor, humility, respect, and integrity (for a start). Below are some tips on how to start a conversation with a girl and 10 tips to break the ice.
1) First things first, you need to take care of yourself. You should bathe, shower, or wash in whatever way you feel is best and take steps to neaten your appearance. This shows that you care for yourself, which is essential in being able to care for someone else. When you first approach someone new, your first ice-breaker is ultimately your appearance, so this is super important.
2) If you find someone attractive and wish to have more than a meaningless encounter for the evening, it is important to get to know them as a person. The best way to start a conversation with someone whom you wish to get to know is to simply walk up and say, “Hello” or “How are you this evening?”. It may seem elementary and simple, and it is, but it is earnest and in today’s world of social media facades and filters, elementary and simple can be refreshing.
3) Be observant. If you notice that she is constantly looking at a clock, watch, or the time on her phone, she may be waiting for someone else, biding her time until she can leave, or she may feel uncomfortable in the setting.
4) Be yourself! There is nothing worse than pretending to be something you aren’t only to have someone discover the real you later isn’t what they thought.
5) Study current events. It is important to know about the world around you so that you can have intelligent conversations with others, and especially someone you are interested in.
6) Be honest with your compliments. Don’t pretend to like something about a woman you are interested in to get her to like you. Only compliment the things you genuinely find attractive about her.
7) Be understanding and mature. If she isn’t interested don’t try to force the conversation. You can pick up on cues when someone is not into what you are talking about.
8) Be kind. When you are speaking to someone new, always try and show them how compassionate you are. It speaks volumes to your character and how you will possibly treat them in the future as well.
9) Let them speak once you have said hello. No one likes a self-absorbed know-it-all. If you do more listening than talking you most certainly make a better impression.
10) Always try to let your humor shine through. Everyone wants someone who can make them laugh. However, don’t be funny at others’ expenses, as this comes across as rude and inconsiderate.